You have two possibilities to close a position taken by NapBots:
- Close it manually by deactivating the bot
- Wait for the next bot trading window by reducing the NapBots leverage
I. How to close your position manually?
You must first disable the Bot only mode of NapBots. Indeed if you close the position opened by the bot without deactivate this mode, the bot will consider that the position is still open and will probably readjust it in the next trading window. This will disrupt the bot's position taking.
To do this:
1. Go to your dashboard and click on See details:
2. Go to Allocation and click on the slider to disable the mode :
Once you have done this, you can close your positions directly on your Exchange.
Don't forget to reactivate the Bot only mode afterwards in order to avoid problems with your positions.
II. How to close your positions automatically ?
The Napbots leverage allows you to adjust the amount of your allocation that the bot can use. For example:
- A leverage x1.5 will allow the bot to use up to 50% more of your allocated capital without needing to increase your allocation amount.
- A leverage x1 will allow a full use of your allocated capital.
- A leverage of 0 will make it impossible for the bot to open positions because 0% of your capital will be committed.
By reducing the leverage to 0, the bot will be able to close its positions during the next buy / sell window but will not be able to open new ones. This method has the advantage of being entirely "healthy" since it does not disturb the bot's proper functioning.
To do this, go to See details. In the Allocation section, you can adjust the leverage:
Please note that only Gold or Platinum users can adjust the Napbots leverage.